EN FR DE
Rowhill Grange
Wilmington, Kent DA2 7QH
+44 (0)1322 615136 URL of Map

History of Rowhill Grange Hotel

Rowhill Grange was built in 1868 as the "summer house" for 18 year old Alice Alexander. Alice and her family lived here until 1916 when the house was sold to Sir George Cole, a breeder of Shetland ponies.

It is believed that Sir George was Lord Mayor of London and he resided here until 1928 when the property was sold to the Wates family. It was in fact, their gardener who planted the Spruce tree which stands so impressively opposite the main entrance. In 1978 the property was sold to Michael Feasey a local butcher who converted it into a Country House Hotel and Restaurant in 1987.

In 1994 Rowhill changed hands and the new owners have carried out an extensive refurbishment program whilst retaining the beauty of the building and surroundings. Adjoining the main building is the original coaching house of Rowhill Grange now known as the Clockhouse Suite - due to its impressive clock, which is believed to have originated from Swanley Town Hall, and weighing over a ton. The traditional charm of the Clockhouse makes it an ideal venue for weddings or private parties.

or call +44 (0)1322 615 136