Reporting to our Head Banqueting Chef within our dedicated Banqueting Kitchen Brigade, helping to prepare and serve all foods from the designated banqueting kitchen facilities.
The Hotel has small intimate rooms for special events and private dining to our impressive 14th Century Tithe Barn, Orangery and Conservatory which comfortably hold events up to 180 covers. As well as regular conference and corporate events we have 120-130 weddings booked for this year with the average number of guests around 100. From the Civil Ceremony to the Wedding Meal and evening celebrations you and your team are key to creating special memories.
Supporting the Banqueting Head Chef to be responsible for;
- The menu planning, supplier resourcing, ordering, delivery, storage, preparation, cooking and service to meet the demands of the wedding, corporate and function business.
- Liaising with the sales team to ensure all guest requirements are met for the events being held.
- Recruitment, training and coaching the team under your control.
- Development of menu ideas to progress the food offering across the range of corporate, wedding and party events that are held.
- Ensure compliance with HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety legislation, ensuring that the banqueting kitchen and storage/service areas receive positive feedback on inspection.
- Achieving gross profit targets on dishes to allow for future investment in the facilities and staffing
- Creating passion, flair and drive in your team to assist the hotel to achieve its quality and business objectives. Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Working with a team of 3 dedicated Banqueting Chefs and Kitchen Porters
- Experience and passion for food and producing quality dishes from fresh local ingredients
- Ability to work flexible shifts; 5 days 48 hr per week, dependant on banqueting/event demands including weekend working
- Demonstrate during a cooking trial the practical ability and flair that will be required to drive and motivate others on the team to achieve
- Experience within a quality hotel or banqueting kitchen environment
- Team player with an ability and desire to contribute and support senior Chefs to ensure guest satisfaction
- Excellent eye for detail and able to deliver consistent standards
£36,000 per annum, (£34,000 + £2,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- Accommodation is available for those relocating in Egham, £500 per month including utilities
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday