Reporting to our new Head Chef , Jose Graziosi, you will be working across all areas of the Kitchen.
Duties will include;
- Producing food for all service periods in the Restaurant, as well as Bar food, Banqueting, Room Service and Afternoon tea.
- Preparation, production and service of food to the standard required in a timely and efficient manner
- Fresh local seasonal produce used wherever possible with some being grown in our small kitchen garden. Food is cooked and prepared from fresh on a daily basis.
- Assist with the preparation of daily/weekly orders for food and kitchen supplies adhering to stock control procedures as directed by the Head/Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for receiving and storing of all relevant food and non food items.
- Assist Head/Sous Chef with daily menu planning and composition as and when required.
- Supporting the Head and Sous Chef with the design of menu items for restaurant, afternoon tea, as well as banqueting menus
- To deputise for the Head Chef/Sous Chef in their absence as and when required including supervision of the kitchen ( team of 8 Chefs + 3 Kitchen Porters) , internal communication / attending meetings.
- Practice and promote effective teamwork and communication amongst your direct work colleagues and colleagues in other departments.
- Carry out daily cleaning duties within the kitchen as directed by the Head/Sous Chef in addition to following a ‘clean as you go’ policy.
- Ensure compliance with inhouse HACCP and food hygiene, health and safety systems to ensure compliance.
- Completing duties in a culture and with an attitude of always striving to exceed standards to promote improvements and raise the quality of feedback from all diners across the hotel.
The business is varied offering catering to Hotel Guests, In-house Conference Delegates, as well as guests from the local area. Barnett Hill is a popular wedding venue with weddings taking place in the 2 wedding suites. 38 -40 weddings per year for up to 70 guests with 100 guests for evening receptions.
- Working 5 shifts per week.
- Previous experience in a quality environment but is now seeking their first pastry chef role with responsibility for the Pastry Section.
- Demonstrate during a trial shift the practical ability to be able to produce plated desserts to a rosette standard.
- Demonstrate flair and creativity to develop the hotels Afternoon Tea Menu.
- Hold the experience to manage the multi menu requirements and busy banqueting operation.
- Live locally with transport or have the ability to relocate to the area.
- Single accommodation is available for those relocating £65 per week including utilities
- 4 weeks holiday increasing with service to 5 weeks
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday