Welcome to the family
At the Alexander Hotel Collection, the AHC, you will find a collective of thoughtful, warm and energetic colleagues, all on a shared mission to create extraordinary experiences for our guests. From our housekeeping teams keeping everything gleaming to our chefs creating exciting dishes in our kitchens, everyone has a part to play whether front or back of house.
The AHC is a boldly beautiful collection of hotels, spas & restaurants in the home counties. We’re proudly a family-owned business, and you can expect family values in how we do business too. Less red tape, more creativity and passion!
It goes without saying that you’ll have free parking, laptop and so on. We’ll pay toward your mileage within the M25 corridor too if you are based further afield, and from home if you’re based in Surrey, Sussex or Kent.
Holidays start at 28 days including bank holidays and increase up to 33 days with length of service, plus your birthday off paid too, after year 1.
We’ll mark some special milestones with a range of treats too, from afternoon tea to a night away, depending on your length of service.
You can also enjoy:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our Utopia Spas & Retreats
Discount on retail products in our Utopia Spas & Retreats
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme
Let’s get down to business, shall we?
The role we’re recruiting for is a ‘Digital Marketing Coordinator’, specifically focussed on CMS & EDM functions. You’ll need to be a real stickler for detail, taking the lead in all general updates to our websites, with a head for UX too. If you’ve used Wordpress previously, you’ll feel right at home!
Although there is plenty of creativity to be found in website administration we know that you might need more of a platform to express your artistic side, and so the role also encompasses our EDM campaign designs. We’re Adobe Creative fans here and if you’re a whizz on InDesign that’ll be helpful. With the guidance of the Marketing Director, you’ll be able to craft copy and design engaging campaigns to support our overarching seasonal messaging.
You’ll report into the Marketing Director and will work alongside the Sales & Marketing Development Manager and the Social Media & Photography Coordinator. The team all work flexibly on location, spreading the visibility of the marketing team across the hotel sites with no fixed office.
We work a hybrid home/hotel model, where week to week more or less time may be spent at the hotels as is required.
The general areas that you’ll look after in this role are:
- Updating the websites with incoming requests from the hotels, such as changing opening times or updating menus
- Designing new pages for offers and seasonal messages (etc)
- Updating documents created in InDesign/Publisher for the hotels and uploading online where appropriate
- Designing EDM campaigns, working within our brand guidelines with a heavy bias toward storytelling over promotional messaging
- Designing our EDM automations for all digital guest journeys – i.e. from table booking confirmations to pre-stay communications
- Keeping our subscriber databases up to date and appropriately and effectively segmented
- Working with the Social Media & Photography Coordinator to design sponsored social media adverts
- Reporting on successes and what we could do better, campaign to campaign
- General ideation and contributing toward the overall marketing plans for each hotel
It’s essential that you:
- Are confident at website administration, ideally using Wordpress
- Have digital design experience, ideally using Adobe software, primarily InDesign but also Illustrator and Photoshop would be helpful
- Have experience of creating EDM campaigns
- Have experience of working in hospitality, ideally for luxury brands
- Are able to work well from home as well as in the hotels (based in Surrey, Sussex & Kent)
- Are able to adjust your style and tone to suit our individual brands (we have five!)
It’d be helpful if you:
- Have broader experience of digital marketing campaigns, from Google Ad creation to paid social media marketing
- Have an understanding of Google Analytics with a head for data analysis and presentation
Flexible and part time working can be considered, although the role is currently advertised as full time. A can-do attitude with a willingness to learn is essential, as is the ability to multi-task and prioritise. It’s a very busy department responsible for every aspect of internal and external branding for the Collection, along with all digital platforms and digital sales, so the ability to keep calm, stay focussed and ask for help when you need it is vital too.
If you think this sounds like a bit of you, please don’t delay in getting your application to us.
Salary starting at £22,000