Join our Front of House team under the direction of our experienced Deputy Hotel Manager, Luke Jefferies. There are a team of Hotel Receptionists and Hall Porters/Concierge to assist you.
A smart, friendly, immaculate individual is sort to welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel/Spa entrance. You will often be the first and last person a guest sees – making you an important part of their memory of Alexander House.
You must be someone bright, extremely well presented with a friendly, confident yet relaxed manner when dealing with the public. You will often be seen as the point of contact for all enquiries for arriving and resident guests. You must have a five star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guests experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel and spa to the time they leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will liaise with other departments and the Guest Services Managers to ensure guest requests get satisfied.
- 3 days per week to cover peak arrival and departure days including weekend shifts, 6 hours per day.
- Welcoming arrival guests and checking their requirements
- Showing guests to Hotel/Spa Reception or the Restaurants/Lounge/Function rooms for non resident guests or those attending functions/conferences
- Introducing arriving guests to the hotel receptionist using their name
- Arranging concierge to deliver luggage
- Giving directions to local attractions / onward journeys for departing guests
- Liaising with the Guest Services Manager or Departments to ensure total guest satisfaction and that all requests are met
- Each shift check arrivals for returning guests and VIP guests making sure returning guests and those celebrating special events are recognised and acknowledged
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- A presence as a host on the main entrance
- Excellent verbal communication – confident yet relaxed and friendly
- Bright, warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests whether hear for business, pleasure or a special occasion
- Ability to work shifts and weekend days, 18 hrs per week
£8.21 per hr plus service charge payment (£8.93 OTE)
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will receive a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday