FOOD & BEVERAGE MANAGER
Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
4 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 38 bedroom hotel together with the Clockhouse banqueting suite and Pavilion conference venue all within the grounds of 15 acres of beautiful gardens. The hotel has two restaurants RG’s Fine Dining Restaurant and Elements Brasserie and Bar for more informal dining, with sunny outside terraces for summer service outdoors. Afternoon Tea is a really popular choice for residents and visitors with a variety of menus to suit every taste and occasion.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities and sample menus
Reporting to our Deputy General Manager you will be responsible and accountable for all food and beverage service areas including; RGs Restaurant, Elements Brasserie & Bar, Room Service and Lounge Service.
Your focus will be the consistent delivery of high standards of guest service across all F&B operational areas. You will be supported by a Restaurant Manager, F&B Supervisor, Bar Supervisor and overall managing a team of 20 employees.
- To ensure all F&B service staff are recruited, trained and developed in line with current and future business requirements and budgets.
- To ensure all service standards and Mystery Guest Standards are achieved consistently across all FB areas.
- Ensure the presentation of all F&B areas is clean, safe, welcoming and appealing with point of sale material displayed in line with agreed standards and legislation.
- Ensure all F&B team members are smart, punctual, polite, courteous and helpful to guests & colleagues at all times.
- Ensure team have all products and resources to deliver excellent service by an organised process of planning, stock taking, ordering and requisitioning.
- Ensure the team have excellent product knowledge of all menus.
- Performance management of the team through, training, coaching and support.
- Set, implement and maintain F&B Department SOPs.
- Drive sales through all F&B outlets to support in achieving revenue goals.
- Monitor guest feedback both personally and through guest comment reporting systems /processes ensuring an appropriate response.
- Ensure all F&B control procedures are implemented.
- Ensure that all rotas for F&B departments are prepared to ensure adequate cover while meeting budgetary requirements based on sales.
- Work with the senior team to generate ideas for product development, menu development to increase sales and meeting ever changing guest requirements.
- Implement and maintain an effective process of communication and briefings to ensure all teams are focused and up to date with current issues, requirements, menus and objectives.
- Smart appearance
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working in a high volume restaurant & bar operation, with a proven track record of delivering results.
- You will need a passion for; hospitality, exceptional customer service, great quality fresh food, customers and people
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to manage a team by coaching, developing and motivating others. Experience of developing teams to their full potential.
- A strong, ambitious individual, looking for a challenge, driven by 100% customer satisfaction.
- Open minded and flexible with the ability to innovate at all times.
- Be a team player with the desire to develop yourself and those around you.
- Adaptable in their approach and able to work and adapt in a fast changing environment
- To be the personality and champion of the Food & Beverage department
- Operational experience in a variety of concepts
- Commercially driven
- Creative team builder & leader
- Not afraid of hard work and the ability to be hands on.
£30 – £33,000 + bonus
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday