We are seeking someone local who has good DIY skills for general maintenance tasks around the Hotel to ensure it is kept in good repair.
The hours of work can be flexible up to 19 hrs per week, working a mixture of days and times to suit and also to fit in with access to the various areas of the hotel/rooms when they are not in use.
Examples of general regular tasks would include;
- Tightening taps
- Replacing washers on dripping taps
- Replacing lightbulbs
- Taking down light shades for cleaning
- Repair grouting in bathrooms/showers
- Replace cracked tiles
- Painting / wall paper repair
- Tightening toilet seats
- Minor leak repairs
- Tuning televisions
- Replacing sealant in bathrooms
- Staining internal/external woodwork
The skills required for this role are general DIY skills as you will be supported by our permanent maintenance team at Alexander House as well as our nominated contractors with larger tasks and refurbishments.
The duties will be varied and involve working in guest areas. A flexible approach, smart and friendly manner with guests and colleagues are essential for this role.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever changing environment covering a wide range of general maintenance tasks in a customer environment
- General maintenance/DIY experience preferably in a guest/customer environment
- Ability to work in a safe and tidy way ensuring all areas are left safe and tidy on completion/when being left
- Self motivation to work alone once you have liaised with the General Manager to prioritise the days tasks
- Casual contract available up to 19hrs per week
- £8.89 per hour including holiday pay
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform