Competitive salary dependant on experience + private healthcare + quarterly and annual service charge bonus
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service (for full time and part time contracts)
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
- Have experience managing a Housekeeping Department in a 4 Red Star / 5 Star standard hotel for a minimum of 2 years.
- Be committed and able to achieve high levels of customer service across all housekeeping areas.
- Be well presented, a friendly, efficient and energetic worker with a real eye for detail.
- Have a methodical approach to managing the department and its cleaning responsibilities.
- Have good organisation skills to ensure all housekeeping tasks; daily, weekly, monthly, annually are scheduled and completed.
- Hold a proven record of motivating, training and coaching staff to ensure standards are maintained within timescales permitted.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a cheerful, professional manner
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Red Star Hotel, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (2 Rosette x 60 covers), AG’s Restaurant (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
Our Head Housekeeper is responsible for the management and day to day operation of a busy department to ensure first class standards of presentation in all guest public areas and guest accommodation, and our Utopia Spa, as well as our inhouse laundry. You will be supported by an Assistant Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor, and a team of 20 employees who are permanent Housekeeping Assistants & Laundry staff. An inhouse Maintenance team also work in the hotel to assist in ensuring guest facilities are all working and maintained to a 5 Red Star standard.
An energetic person, with a real eye for detail is required to ensure excellent standards of cleanliness in guest bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas. The following tasks will need to be achieved to be successful in the role;
- Allocation of duties to Housekeeping Supervisors and the team.
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping team.
- Ensuring all guest accommodation is checked daily prior to guest occupation to ensure standards are achieved.
- Coaching employees during observation and following these checks to ensure excellent standards of cleanliness are consistently achieved.
- Be prepared to get operationally involved in Housekeeping and Laundry to ensure all guest accommodation is ready for guests checkin at 3pm.
- Ensure guest turndown service is offered each evening and completed to the same excellent standard as daytime housekeeping service.
- Ensure that public areas of the hotel are maintained and cleaned to the required standard and add to the 5 Red Star experience for all hotel residents and visitors.
- Ensure the required linen standards are met both with our inhouse spa laundry and our external hotel laundry which deal with all bedroom linen.
- Ensure maintenance issues are reported and actioned with the in house team to ensure they are rectified with minimal delay.
- Implement systems of deep cleaning, daily tasks, weekly job systems to ensure standards are managed throughout all areas resulting in outstanding guest feedback at all times.
- Maintain good communication and work relationships with all hotel areas and external customers and suppliers.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost control and well managed staff schedules.