Our new General Manger, Giuseppe Pezzolla, is seeking a Restaurant & Bar Manager to join him in his mission to build a successful new team and to take the Hotel to the next level of success.
A great opportunity for someone to join Giuseppe to add their personality and ideas in Barnett Hills new beginning.
Giuseppe believes ‘Its an exciting Hotel where every day is different, from intimate dinners to large birthday celebrations, every table, every guest is special. It’s a busy place and you can expect to serve guests from all walks of life. It can be hectic, so you need to feel comfortable and confident in a busy environment.’
If you feel this exciting opportunity could be for you and share Giuseppe’s passion for hospitality, please read on…………………………………
Barnett Hill Hotel, part of Alexander Hotels a private Collection of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
4 Star, 2AA rosette restaurant, 56 bedroom hotel together with conference and banqueting facilities up to 120 all within the grounds of 26 acres of woodland and beautiful gardens. The hotel has The Oak Room restaurant awarded 2 AA rosettes and the 1905 Bar for more informal dining, with sunny outside terraces for summer service outdoors.
You will be responsible for food and beverage service standards across the following areas;
- 40 cover 2 Rosette Restaurant (lunch and dinner service)
- Afternoon tea service
- Food and beverage service on our terrace (40 covers)
You will have a dedicated team of 5 full time employees and a team of casuals. Supported by our Operations Manager and of course the General Manager.
On a day to day basis you will be responsible for;
- Ensuring the Restaurant and Bar are well presented ready for guests arrival
- Ensuring all the pre-preparation for service is completed
- Ensuring all guests entering food and beverage service areas are greeted warmly
- Ensure that the team establishes guest needs and correct order taking
- Ensuring the preparing of both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages including cocktails is done to the required standards
- Timely, efficient and friendly service of drinks and food across the service areas
- Managing the guest journey, particularly during peak periods to support service teams and the kitchen brigade to deliver excellence
- Support the team through training and coaching to ensure the team always adheres to the Mystery Guest Standards for the Restaurant and Bar.
- Co-ordinating and delivering service of full afternoon tea in our lounges and on warmer days on our terraces
- Ensure satisfaction checks are carried out with all guests to ensure service success, and where things go wrong rescuing service levels to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensuring that all payments and guest charges are effectively managed, and payments received
- Ensuring the guest areas are left in a presentable state at the end of your shift
In addition you will be required to;
- Complete weekly rotas and timesheets
- Action recruitment and induction of new starters
- Deliver effective training to support and motivate your team
- Put forward new ideas and implement new initiatives to ensure the team succeeds
- Ensure effective stock and resources are provided to meet guest demands and to allow staff to work and deliver in a professional and enjoyable way
- A passion for hospitality and guest service
- Experience of managing a hospitality team to deliver results in 4 star hotel/2 Rosette restaurant or above
- Smart appearance and friendly hosting skills
- Good communication skills with guests and colleagues
- Ability to work daytime and evening shifts including weekends to reflect business demands (5 days 45 hrs per week)
£32,000 per annum, (£30,000 + £2,000 per annum guaranteed service charge payment paid quarterly)
- An additional end of financial year service charge bonus also paid
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday