Join our friendly kitchen team and support them in their mission to create award winning dishes across a range of fresh menu choices. Our busy kitchen needs to be kept clean, tidy and well managed to ensure success.
A cheerful, energetic person with a good eye for detail is needed to assist our Chefs with the smooth running of the Kitchen at Alexander House Hotel.
Without a clean, well presented environment with clean, hot plates a kitchen fails. You will be key to us achieving excellent standards for our guests by supporting our chefs with the following duties;
- Completing general kitchen cleaning duties
- Operating the dishwasher to ensure all cutlery, crockery is cleaned in a timely fashion, stacked and ready for service
- Refilling the hot plate ready for service each dining session to ensure guests get hot food!
- Deep cleaning tasks as outlined on the kitchens cleaning schedule
- Delivery through all these tasks of exceptional kitchen hygiene standards
- Assisting in providing a safe, secure and appealing environment by adhering to the company Health &Safety Policies ensuring all kitchen areas are compliant.
- Assisting Chefs with some basic food preparation.
- 40 hrs 5 days per week, working early and late shifts between the hours of 7am and 11pm.
- No formal qualifications required but a good standard of English
- Good eye for detail
- Energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced volume environment
- Previous employment in a food service business helpful
£17,076.80 NMW, shared accommodation available
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will enjoy a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday