Alexander Hotels has expanded over the last few years and we are seeking to employ a Procurement Manager. This new role will have the aim of supporting and strengthening our Groups purchasing activities, with an initial focus on food purchasing, but expanding into other commodities and products going forward.
Success will require close liaison with our senior Chefs to understand needs, local requirements and availability and search out opportunities to improve purchasing with quality suppliers.
Some actions and decisions may be required locally by Hotel, while other more standard products can benefit from Group wide purchasing agreements taking advantage of our purchasing power.
- Initially focusing on food purchasing to improve GP’s, expanding into other commodities and products
- forecast levels of demand for services and products
- conduct research to source the best products and suppliers in terms of best value, delivery schedules and quality
- run tenders, evaluate bids and make recommendations, based on commercial and technical factors
- negotiate and agree contracts, monitoring the quality of service provided
- keep contract files and use them as reference for the future
- build and maintain good relationships with new and existing suppliers
- develop strategies to make sure that cost savings and supplier performance targets are met – or exceeded
- undertake value for money reviews of existing contracts and arrangements
- forecast price trends and their impact on future activities
- analyse data and produce reports and statistics on spending and saving
- keep up to date with trends and innovations that can impact on the business
Reporting to our Group Finance Director who is based in Kent and close liaison with our Operations Director, there will be travel between the hotels but your base location can be at any of our properties to reduce the commute.
A successful Procurement Manager candidate will have various skills and qualifications, that include:
- Senior Chef experience essential to be able to offer credible options/solutions and improvements
- Hotel operations experience a distinct advantage
- Financial and numerical skills ideally with some experience of purchasing systems
- High-level of attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional talent in negotiating and networking
- Solid knowledge of supplier/purchasing software
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to foster strong supplier relationships and close get the best out of internal stakeholders
SALARY & BENEFITS
£35,000 to £40,000 per annum + potential additional earnings of £4k from a bonus scheme following successful completion of your 3 months probationary period.
- 4 weeks holiday rising to 5 weeks with service
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday